Each member shall pay such charges or fees in effect for its class of membership for Basic Services as shall be determined and/or otherwise fixed by the UDig NY Board of Directors or pursuant to the General Operating Procedures and Responsibilities of the Corporation. Additionally, every member shall pay such charges or fees in effect for Extra Services, if any, as shall be determined and/or fixed by the UDig NY Board of Directors or pursuant to the General Operating Procedures and Responsibilities of the Corporation.
Billing Classes #
As a result of the requirement for Mandatory Membership, UDig NY has two classes of billing:
- Exempt Participating Members: municipal entities (county and below), authorities, and water companies with fewer than 4,000 subscribers.
- Exempt Participating Members will not be billed for the basic services provided by UDig NY, which consist of one free service area and one free delivery of any stakeout request for that service area. The destination of this delivery can change throughout the day, but additional deliveries (copies) of a given stakeout are billable. Basic service does not include voice notification (a human physically dispatching the stakeout via telephone call), Late Notice tickets, or Unmarked Now Due tickets. Any additional options are billed at a normal membership rate.
- Participating Members: all other members
Billing Intervals #
UDig NY members can be invoiced monthly or quarterly.
If you have any questions concerning our billing structure please call 315-437-7394 or email [email protected]. Please be sure to include your company name and contact information in the body of the email.
The Billing Strategy #
To distribute operational costs in a way that accurately represents the One-Call process, our billing strategy consists of the following three parts:
1. Basic Service Charge #
The cost of processing a call in a given place is referred to as the basic service charge. It is paid for each notice created within the legally incorporated boundaries of each place covered by a service area. The charge is based on the unscreened call volume of a given place, to represent the actual workload performed by the call center on the service area’s behalf.
The basic service charge is intended to evenly distribute the cost of processing a stakeout request among the service areas, as well as distribute the promotion and educational costs in an area.
Calculation of the basic service charge is based on a rolling 12 month’s call volume.
2. Affected Service Area Charge #
The cost of including a service area on a location request is referred to as the affected service area charge. Specifically, this charge separates the overhead from the actual delivery of a ticket. Service areas that receive multiple copies of a ticket (via several destinations or “copy stations”) benefit from a simplified cost structure as a result of this overhead separation. Traditional “single copy” service areas are not impacted by this split.
3. Notice Delivery Charge #
A notice delivery charge is a charge for each excavation notice that is delivered, based on the method of delivery.
The following rate selections are available to UDig NY members:
4. Late Notice Charge #
As of July 1, 2014, all members are subject to one Late Notice charge. The $2 charge will be incurred if a Service Area does not respond to the Automated Positive Response (APR) system before the stated commencement date and time on a legal notification.
5. Unmarked Now Due Charge #
Entering a “Delay Requested” disposition to the Automated Positive Response (APR) system before the stated commencement date and time on a legal notification extends the response due-date by two working days. The Unmarked Now Due charge will be incurred if the Service Area has not provided a legitimate response when that extension expires.