The Worst Case: Trench Collapse or Cave-In- Rescue Awareness and Planning
The potential for serious injury and death exists whenever excavations and trenches are being prepared and work takes place. In the worst case, personnel should be aware of what actions to take immediately after a trench or excavation related emergency, and how to prepare for the arrival of EMS/ Emergency response/ rescue agencies.
This presentation will provide an overview of preparing for and working safely around a trench rescue scene prior to the arrival of trench rescue personnel and an idea of what issues first-in responders should be aware of, may encounter, and how to deal with them safely.
Presented by Steven Fess CIH, CSP, SMS, FAIHA, Pine Bluff Environmental Associates / Kemron Environmental Services
- 40 + years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Consulting, Training, Environmental Compliance
- Growing Company Safety Cultures, Program Management, Business unit and plant Operating Programs for Fortune 100 companies
- Third-Party Corporate Health and Safety Program Auditing and Approvals
- Incident Investigation / Expert Witness Litigation Support
- Environmental Remediation Projects, Accident Prevention Plans / Health and Safety Plans, Job Hazard Analyses
- Construction Site Health and Safety support and project planning and reporting